Bighorn Library is happy to accept the following types of new and used materials:
- Hardcover fiction in very good condition
- Paperbacks in very good condition
- Nonfiction in very good condition & published within the last 5 years: Pub date may be older for nonfiction such as biographies & other subject areas where the currency is not an issue
- DVDs, CDs and Book CDs
- Puzzles, colouring books & toys
Donations can be dropped off at the Library during operating hours.
Donations that are not added to Bighorn Library's collection may be sent to Bonnybooks or may be used to generate funds for the Library through book sales.
We cannot accept:
- Materials that are yellowed, mouldy, water damaged, or otherwise damaged
- Magazines (we retain magazines for 1 year & rely on electronic editions)
- Textbooks older than 5 years
- Reader's Digest Condensed books
- Video and audio cassettes (we no longer carry those formats)
- Other materials that require staff time & library funds to recycle/dispose